Monday, March 31, 2014

Healthy Free Stuff!

I've had a lot of questions about how to use the Spiral Slicer I spoke of in my earlier post to make veggie noodles, so I made this video to demonstrate:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMBhRKW9FjI


RECIPE IDEA:  To cook the Vegetable Noodles, either simmer them in your favorite marinara sauce for 8-10 minutes until they reach the desired consistency or heat 1 TB. ghee (clarified butter) in a large saucepan on medium heat, add vegetable noodles and stir to coat with the butter.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Add 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth to pot and cover.  Steam until vegetable noodles are softened to desired consistency.  Remove cover and simmer over medium until liquid has evaporated.  Eat as a side dish or top with your favorite sauce, as you would with any pasta.

FREE COOKBOOK EXCERPT:  Also, I want to tell you about the excellent Daniel Plan Cookbook by Rick Warren.  Below is a FREE PDF download with a sampling of recipes!  I've been using this cookbook a lot lately in the three Daniel Plan support groups that I facilitate in my community.  My favorite recipes are the Caramelized Onion Burgers and the Fish Tacos with Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing - YUM!  I recently orgaznized a Taco Bar for a healthy potluck luncheon at my church and used some of these recipes.  This cookbook includes many excellent recipes that real people would eat!  I highly recommend!  Check the book out from your local library or it can be purchased online or in any bookstore.

http://files.faithgateway.com.s3.amazonaws.com/freemiums/The-Daniel-Plan-Cookbook-Sampler.pdf

Have a great day!  Enjoy!   ~ Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment