Thursday, June 1, 2017

Triple Butter Caramel Pecan Fat Bombs

Triple Butter Caramel Pecan Fat Bomb
On my low carb/high healthy fat (LCHF) Keto diet, Fat Bombs offer me a quick energy boost or even can replace a meal without raising my insulin levels if I'm in a hurry to get out the door. Also, they're great on a day when I'm intermittent fasting, but I need a little something to keep going. If I experience that afternoon slump about 3:00 PM, just one fat bomb wakes me up and provides instant energy without caffeine! I always have a batch of Fat Bombs in my refrigerator. They are delicious, have so many uses and are my secret weapon to reduce cravings and keep me on track!

Triple Butter Caramel Pecan Fat Bombs
Makes 10 servings

2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 ounces unsweetened cocoa butter
3 tablespoons nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon Caramel Sweet Drops, or 8-10 drops English Toffee liquid stevia to taste
10 pecan halves

1. Melt coconut oil, butter, cocoa butter and nut butter together in a small saucepan until melted or in a glass measuring cup in the microwave.

2. Add in the vanilla extract and liquid stevia and whisk until combined. Divide equally between ten mini-size silicone muffin liners and place in the freezer for a few minutes or the refrigerator for about 15 minutes until just beginning to set.

3. Remove and place one pecan half on the top of each fat bomb. Return to the freezer or refrigerator and chill until completely set. These fat bombs must be stored in the refrigerator until just prior to serving because they can melt quickly.

Nutritional Information per fat bomb: 109 calories, 1.1 g carbohydrate (0.4 g dietary fiber, 0.2 g sugars), 11.4 g total fat (5.9 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 1.7 mg calcium, 7 mg potassium, 72 mg Vit A, 1.2 g protein. Net carbs per serving: 0.7 g

Recipe by Kathy Sheehan, copyright 2017
All rights reserved. Please do not duplicate without the author's permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment